I do not care where you live, what language you speak, what religion or spiritual practice you believe, what gender or age, we all know by now that STRESS, WORRY and FEAR hurt us. They damage us from the inside out and outside in. Tearing down our body, mind and spirit. So, why do we give them soooooo much attention? Why do we empower them, feeding them daily, like a pet?
We also know that presently we are experiencing a time unknown to us in our living history. Can we say with absolute certainty that this has never happened before, hmmm…, that I am not sure about. Personally, I am still curious how whole civilizations disappeared, leaving ingenious structures and cities – Aztecs, Incas, Egyptians, Romans, Greeks…. Oh, I know we have our explanations and scientific evidence, but, the world was once flat, right?!
During this time we are given an opportunity to make personal choices. In my life journey thus far, I have never experienced a situation or time that stress, worry, and or fear helped me. I have however, witnessed it turning my hair gray, aging my skin, tiring my spirit and making me sick. Thankfully, I learned from these life changing times.
I am curious, have you, like me, said –
- Someday I will make time for myself.
- Someday I will start to meditate.
- Someday I will exercise regularly.
- Someday I will eat more healthy.
- Someday I will do what I love to do.
I also speculate that you have a list of why you can’t do these things now.
Let me ask you (fill in the bolded word with, Stress, Fear, Worry) –
- Does stress make you feel better?
- Does fear help you with your family, health, life?
- Does worrying change anything?
- Can you remember a time in your life that fear, worry, or stress fixed a situation?
If you can answer YES to any of the above questions, please share with us in the comments below. I am always open to learning.
If, like me your answer to the above questions is NO, then let’s play a game. Take “SOMEDAY” and make it “TODAY”. No huge jumps please, for then you will likely get frustrated and give up. Start small with something that is easy to do, that will shift how you feel in your NOW moments, for NOW moments gloriously expand, rippling forth into the future.
We are going to start very simply and build from there. Today I want you to find three words that you LOVE, that make you smile and shift internally.
- First let words that start with S, W and F bubble up.
- Write them down on a piece of paper.
- Feel each word as you think of it and write it down.
- If it does not make you smile or feel good, cross it off the list.
- If you wish to expand your list here is a resource – Change the letter at the top to F and W when ready.
- Once you have a list, select your 3 favorite words.
- When you feel Stress, Worry and or Fear NOTICE & STOP
- Take a long deep breath, replace the feeling with your CHOSEN word, let yourself SHIFT into the NEW Sensation connected to this word.
- Keep breathing slowly with intention, until you can feel your BEing shift into the NEW CHOSEN experience that YOU want to feel.
- Be patient, in time you will do ALL of this without thinking about it.
- It will become your NEW Chosen way of BEing when life throws you curve balls.
Here is a WORKSHEET to download – share it with your family and friends. Make it a game, for you are all on the life journey together. What’s more fun than supporting and encouraging each other on the journey? 😊
Join me for more fun at “Walking Naked Truth”
See you soon for more fun ways to remember that YOU are Enough, YOU are Worthy, You are Perfect!